If you are applying the Graduate Diploma in Data Science, you will need to follow the Monash Online application process. In addition to submitting an online application, there are some special requirements that are unique to this course.
You will need to submit:
- An academic transcript showing that you have completed at least one semester in a mathematics or statistics subject at tertiary level.
- A Curriculum Vitae with two references.
- A Course Pre-requisite Summary to demonstrate that you meet the pre-requisites of work experience or previous study in programming, databases, and mathematics or statistics.
Don’t worry if you are having trouble with writing your Course Pre-requisite Summary. This page will help you to create your summary to ensure the best possible chance of a successful application.
Preparing Your Course Pre-requisite Summary
We want to understand your experience so that we can best assess your application. Please tell us about any work experience or studies you have done in the below areas. You may have more than you think you do, so make sure you articulate this in your summary.
If you are highlighting your work experience, please give us two to three examples of times that you have used the below pre-requisites in your work experience. If using previous studies for your experience, please tell us the names of the units and the level at which the studies were completed.
- Object-oriented programming – While R or Python experience would be preferable, include any other related experience as well.
- Database – Explain how you have worked with databases in your work or studies.
- Mathematics or statistics – All academic experience must be completed at a minimum of AQF university level 1. Otherwise tell us about how you have used mathematics or statistics in your work place. For example, you may have analysed raw data for your company and provided recommendations to your management team based on the results.
Would you prefer to work with a template? Download the GDDS Course Pre-requisite Summary form. Submit your completed form together with your CV and academic transcript.
Visit our Apply page for the complete application information or speak to an Enrolment Advisor by calling 1300 652 134.