100% online health single units
Gain the skills or knowledge required to help advance your health care career with a six-week single unit from Monash Online. In these 100% online units, you’ll develop valuable management, accounting, law, policy and other knowledge or skills to help you get the new job you’ve been dreaming of or that promotion you’ve been working towards.
Why Monash Online single units?
- Fast – Gain new skills or knowledge in six weeks
- Quality – Study postgraduate content from our Master of Health Administration and Master of Public Health
- Experience – An ideal way to decide if postgraduate study is right for you
- Flexible – Offered 100% online
- Credit-bearing – May be used as credit for those that meet the entry requirements for a full qualification
- Supported – By academic staff with industry links and your own dedicated Student Success Advisor
Health management and policy
The units available in this area will develop your skills and knowledge in topics such as accounting, health economics, health law principles, and delivering safe and high-quality health care.
- MPH5308: Developing health systems
This unit aims to develop skills to describe, analyse and assess health systems and health sector reforms in both developed and developing countries, including Australia.
- MPH5315: Introduction to management
This unit will introduce you to a range of activities associated with the management of individuals, groups, and organisations. The content will cover several key areas of management, including the role of the individual, the importance of teamwork, managing conflict and effective decision making.
- MPH5301: Health systems and policy
In this unit, you will explore relevant policy theories and processes that address major health policy challenges. The aim is to provide health service managers and public health practitioners with a comprehensive understanding of the major components of national health systems and how health policy is created to adapt and reform these systems.
- MKF5505: Marketing for health care managers
Learn how to examine marketing activities undertaken by organisations with an emphasis on the health care industry. In this unit, you will gain a better understanding of marketing strategic plans, product service development, the use of marketing decision making tools and fundamentals of consumer behaviour.
If you already have a medical background, these units will teach you how to use your skills to influence public policy and practice within your community and beyond.
- MPH5309: Occupational health and safety
This unit will cover the impacts and human cost of occupational disease and injury, occupational health and safety law and the frameworks for primary prevention.
- MPH5314: Epidemiology of chronic disease
Recieve an introduction to epidemiology and control of chronic diseases currently impacting Australia, and learn about the strategies for prevention and control.
- MPH5302: Biostatistics: concepts and applications
Learn about the basic principles and methods used in biostatistics, including the technical qualifications necessary for interpreting data. This unit will introduce you to biostatistics as applied to public health and management studies.
- MPH5303: Epidemiology of infectious diseases
This unit is an introduction to Infectious Disease Epidemiology, exploring the dynamic nature of infections, the principles of infectious diseases, and the management of outbreaks and surveillance.