Unit Code: ADO5111
Duration: 6 weeks
Contact Hours: 20-24 hours of study per week
Credit Points: 6
In today’s ever-changing world, design thinking empowers you with the tools you need to break free of fixed mindsets, embracing fresh thinking and alternative perspectives. This unit will introduce you to the key skills and practices associated with design thinking, and offer opportunities to explore the application of these useful creativity techniques.
It employs a range of conceptual and communication approaches, ways to investigate and reconsider the context in which we work and live, along with the potential for innovation. As such, this unit enhances your decision making by equipping you with new ways of approaching both problems and opportunities.
You will leave this unit with new perspectives and adaptable tools to face the challenges of tomorrow and be an agent of positive change.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the methods and mindsets of Design Thinking and their application
- Identify and analyse ill-defined, real-world project challenges and relevant Design Thinking approaches
- Apply Design Thinking methods and mindsets to a project-based problem to develop new perspectives on key issues and to identify potential opportunities
- Develop, test and evaluate original proposals in response to project-based problems
- Develop an awareness of your preferred approaches to addressing complex tasks, and ways these may be extended through Design Thinking.