Digital transformation is one of the major catalysts of rapidly evolving social and economic change in our world. As we face huge shifts and challenges, digital innovation will play an important role in posing and answering the big questions of our time. At this point, digital enterprises are uniquely positioned to lead positive change for society and create sustainable growth.
If the bigger digital picture is important to you, and you want to utilise technology in a leadership role, or as an entrepreneur, this course will equip you with a digital technologies foundation to transform business models, processes, cultures, and organisations.
You’ll develop your skills with a focus on digital literacy, sustainable data and using AI for good, empowering you to create positive change through digitalisation.
We’re actively working to anticipate and respond to the complexity of our constantly changing world. We’ve created four new Digital Enterprise units within the Master of Enterprise and continue to lead the evolution of emerging disciplines and content.
Within the general framework of the Master of Enterprise, you can specialise and pursue a Graduate Certificate or Master of Digital Enterprise.
In addition to the new Digital Enterprise themed units, you can choose from over 100 Monash online units to complete your qualification.
The flexibility of this course includes a generous variety of credit options for university students, including Monash online learners who have completed units from a wide range of disciplines.
The Themed Units of Digital Enterprise
The Digital Enterprise
Organisations globally are enjoying increasing opportunities to embrace the expansion capabilities of digital enterprise. These operations promote cultural excellence through their dedication to the realisation of digital strategy. Build an understanding of the characteristics of a digital enterprise and their realisation through digital transformation, and critically assess how they’re positioned to lead positive change.
- You’ll build an understanding of the characteristics of a digital enterprise and the underlying process of digital transformation
- Identify and critically evaluate how digital enterprises can lead positive change in sustainable development and global challenges.
Innovation and Change for Digital Transformation
Digital transformation is the innovative process of making a business’s products, services, and operations digital. With a foundation in the study of innovation process, design thinking models, business model canvas, customer experience mapping and agile implementation, explore the application of innovation approaches for digital transformation.
- You’ll gain an advanced understanding and application of innovation and change management theory, models and frameworks
- Establish the skills to recognise, evaluate and lead digital transformation
- Build the ability to direct your learning through self-evaluation and set realistic plans for development of innovation.
Dimensions of Digital Technology
The 21st century digital revolution is driving the law to evolve rapidly. Build a knowledge of the intersection between the law and the digital world and examine key specific technologies and systems including; data collection and sharing, networks, machine learning, artificial intelligence and surveillance technologies.
- You’ll develop an understanding of the range of digital mechanisms and practices used in Australia and internationally including; data networks and systems, automated decision making, algorithms, machine learning, artificial intelligence and surveillance technologies
- Critically analyse the way in which digital technologies are designed, implemented, and regulated
- Synthesise information from a broad range of sources to critically evaluate legal and ethical issues cause by a range of technologies, innovations, and processes
- Apply professional judgement to interpret legal conclusions and justify a considered opinion on case studies relevant to the application of digital technologies
- Engage your technical and legal knowledge to analyse the way in which future technological directions may develop and how these should be regulated by law.
Modern organisations generate substantial amounts of data which are used to enhance decision making and improve ESG (environmental, social, governance) performance. Ideally, an enterprise implements analytics by establishing a data-driven environment using tools and platforms which convert data into meaningful information for end users.
- You’ll establish an understanding of the strategies and challenges of implementing an enterprise analytics solution
- Recognise the types of data analytics in an organisation and how these can inform decision making and address business problems
- Develop and understand data storytelling skills combined with analytical resources to foster a data-driven enterprise
- Identify and critically evaluate the frameworks, tools and applications that can be used in an enterprise setting to deliver actionable reporting and insights.
Digital technologies have the power to face some of the wicked problems of our time and positively transform business models, process, culture, and organisations sustainably.
Be inspired to step forward as a leader and influencer of change, developing new solutions and growth for now and the future.